Translational pain research is based on preclinical models with a well-understood mechanism and the application of these findings to the clinic (bottom-up). Another approach is based on exploratory research in the clinic and the back-translation of these results to preclinical models (top-down).
ANS Biotech’s Research & Development program is one of our founding pillars. We adopt the back-translational approach and develop original and relevant preclinical models based on clinical studies. The R&D department also undertakes research projects in response to individual customer requests. Attentive to our clients’ needs, ANS Biotech has developed preclinical models in cancer pain, inflammatory pain, neuropathic pain, visceral pain, and osteoarthritis pain over the last years.
A list of completed projects is given below:
- Neuropathic pain – Oxaliplatin model
- Visceral pain (IBS) – TNBS-induced visceral hypersensitivity model
- Inflammatory Pain – Rheumatoid Arthritis model, CFA model
- Cancer pain – Bone cancer pain model
- Post-Operative Pain – Brennan model
- Osteoarthritis pain – Partial Meniscectomy-induced Osteoarthritis model